Friday, October 2, 2015

How I Met Your Mother Review- "The Locket"/"Coming Back"

I promised to avoid spoilers here... but nobody's reading. And I refuse to go by with calling her the Mother, so I'm going to use her name, Tracy.

But wow, finally seeing Tracy on the screen is magic. Bays and Thomas had a clear vision for the character, which they have thus far brought to life in a wonderful manner, just as Cristin Milioti is perfect at maintaining the show's dialogue and tone.

These are very good episodes, brought to life by a set of actors that are committed to giving their show the final run-through that it deserves. A couple of questionable lines of dialogue appear, and the family history flashback that Barney shares could have been taken out, but these feel like a welcome return to arms after last season's downswing.

Really though, seeing Ted and Tracy together was just out of this world. Radnor and Milioti have perfect chemistry, even as evident from their one scene. But that's nothing compared to hers and Lily's time together. If I could eat peanut butter, I'd want some Sum Bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment